Elliot Spitzer, Attorney General (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Eliot Spitzer, asshole)

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 07:03:20 PST 2005

Justin Schwartz:

> Even if you think that a union must sometimes do
> illegal things to get anyway, what exactly do you
> experct the state's chief law enforcement officer
> to do? It's either do what he did, or quit.

Hell, if I were in New York, I would probably still favor Spitzer for governor. Nevertheless, you still get a reminder every now and then that the state is there to favor the capitalist class, no? And is the choice really as stark as you say it is? AGs have a lot of leeway as to how they enforce the law and what they choose to investigate -- and most importantly, the manner in which they do it -- do they not?