[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Thu Dec 22 07:14:47 PST 2005

Ah, so true!

-cb

________________________________

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Chuck Sent: Thu 12/22/2005 12:46 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Chip Berlet wrote:
> I'd rather talk about Buffy the Vampire Slayer as an iconic soft apocalyptipornopticon.

No problem. My favorite episode was the one where Buffy gets a job at the fast food place.

> Or Major Kira v. Commander Ivanova.

Shit! That's a touch choice, because I love both of those characters. Major Kira is more my type, but Commander Ivanova did have that "I'm the right hand of god" speech. One of the great moments in television.

Nope, I'll stick with the anarchist Chiana from Farscape. After all, the wallpaper I have on my computer desktop features a painting of Chiana in a nice leather get-up.

By the way, have those of you who watched Bablyon 5 noticed how closely contemporary American politics resembles the plotline of that show? How are we ever going to get rid of this President Clark?