[lbo-talk] racist column in the Daily News

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 22 12:31:21 PST 2005

boddi satva wrote:

>Wait a second, you mean conservative papers that largely sell to
>white-collar commuters wrote about working class public employees on
>strike in a condescending way? My God! There has to be **some**
>far-reaching, insidious force at work! Racism! Yes, it's racism! It
>can't be that complicated you know, class struggle deal. Racism! Oh
>joy, a simple argument with which even Leftists dare not quibble!

Kind of hard to separate race & class in this case, like many others.

And the NY Post and Daily News are read by plenty of people of color. In the early 1990s, there was an organized black boycott of the Post, but that faded.

The Post's politics suck, but man is it a great tabloid. The News looks like diluted pablum next to it.

Doug