[lbo-talk] Evolutionary theory/Gravitation

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 25 07:11:19 PST 2005

Les Schaffer wrote:

> Chris Doss wrote:
>
> [clip] "why is there
> >gravity?", "why does matter have this occult
> >property?"

This seems to be a variation on the uninteresting question of "Why is there something rather than nothing." Carl Estabrook pointed out a couple months ago that the real line between atheism and non-atheism is whether one takes this question seriously or not. I for one do not find it interesting. Hence in Carl's sense, I am a true atheist. Chris seems here to be demanding that physical science answer a theological question.

Carrol