[lbo-talk] Deconstructing Panopticon Technology

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 19:37:51 PST 2005

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Imagine for a moment that I say my goal is to
> prevent
> fires in your neighborhood but my method is placing
> containers of napalm jacketed with high explosives
> beside every house. The units might be labeled "fire
> prevention modules" but their components indicate
> the
> opposite purpose. Between the advertisement and the
> act there falls a long shadow.

Sometimes starting a fire is the best way to combat one, as it is often practiced in forestry. Likewise, destruction of the libertarian/democratic facade of the United States by the Patriot Act and military adventurism might eventually mortally wound the beast.

In any case, methinks that Bush did more to undermine the US empire - which is a good thing - than his predecessor, or for that matter either Gore or Kerry would.

Wojtek

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com