[lbo-talk] Two Simplified Pictures of Putin's Russia, Both Wrong

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 08:40:26 PST 2005

--- Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> CB: This guy and his audience are especically
> acquainted with Detroit and
> the Detroit News ?!

"Vladimir Shlapentokh is a professor of sociology at Michigan State University."

Speaking of Russian newspapers, I found out today that Argumenty i Fakty had an online press conference with Gorbachev yesterday: http://www.aif.ru/conf/conf?id=99 . I wish I'd known about it -- I would have sent an email. He talks about the breakup of the USSR, Iraq, how great Putin is, and Bono, and gets really slagged off by an Armenian guy. I may translate some of it and post it if anybody wants.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year. http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/