[lbo-talk] Paradise Now and Munich

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 27 09:59:44 PST 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> > protagonists take responsibility for their own decisions and
> > choices instead of relying on canned scripts embedded in popular
> > culture.

Wojtek's rock-hard allegiance to an individualist metaphysic shows up in his choice of language here. Let me give a rough translation:

. . .protagonists reject their birthright as Palestinians, reject all solidarity with their own people, and egotistically separating themselves from any shared humanity, make an arrogant individualist choice to live in isolation. They become things rather than humans, since to be human is be one's history, not a dot outside history. They become perfect followers of Margaret Thatcher.

Carrol