[lbo-talk] Paradise Now and Munich

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:34:56 PST 2005

One of the most interesting experiences I had on the Dean campaign was getting a sample of the thinking of the group as it evolved and watching it be reflected on the Blog. As the campaign got bigger there would be days when sometimes dozens of people would call with the same idea for the campaign. They would range from people who were thoughtful and reticent and had clearly been thinking for some time and people who were a little nuts and called the moment they had an excuse.

What was interesting is tha the people had clearly come up with the idea separately and on their own. But because the Dean campaign had this rhetorical center on the blog it made it very likely that people would come up with the same concept from different angles and often express it in very unique ways and that made it all the more intriguing. I concluded that people are not "herd" thinkers by and large but that the "herd" creates a path of least resistance and people's sense of that path makes some ideas resonate much more loudly than others.

boddi