[lbo-talk] Fitch on unions & health insurance

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Dec 28 15:23:12 PST 2005

On Dec 28, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> So you do not need a capitalist conspiracy to explain the screwed-
> up status
> of the health care system (and most other services) in this
> country, the
> general venality of the US political system does a satisfactory job.

You mentioned 'public transportation' among those 'other services'. There certainly was a conspiracy - a long term conspiracy, including the very auto industry that you suggest is simply inept, that destroyed a wealth of excellent public transportation in the US. I've lived in more than one US city that is attempting to rebuild a public transit system that was bought and dismantled by big oil/big auto.

Martin