[lbo-talk] Gangsterism

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 09:12:28 PST 2005

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <wsokol52 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Today, high unemployment (nearly 20%) and high crime are two main woes that haunt the post-communist Poland. I understand that other “post-communist” countries have similar problems, especially Russia and China, and for the same reasons. ---

Russia in general has low unemployment (Moscow has 1.6% official unemployment). However in Dagestan and Ingushetia, where you get mass banditism, unemployment is 70-80%.

European (Slavic) Russia is experiencing a large increase in general in hooliganism (in the EE sense of the term), largely targeting foreigners. Voronezh is famous for it. You read Russian, so I can direct you here: http://www.ogoniok.ru/4916/2/

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com