[lbo-talk] nearly 1/4 of Americans remain invincibly ignorant

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 30 09:52:40 PST 2005

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, the Harris poll was quoted saying
>
> > About 22% of U.S. adults believe Mr. Hussein helped plan 9/11, the poll
> > shows, and 26% believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the U.S.
> > invaded. Another 24% believe several of the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqis,
> > according to the online poll of 1,961 adults.
>
> Heck that's great!

I would say the same -- without irony. I can't imagine the figures being lower than that, regardless of events. I would also expect that a somewhat larger percentage will always believe (regardless of events) that the Iraq war was justified. And a larger percentage yet will not have their political beliefs change by any change in their response to the Iraq invasion.

Carrol