[lbo-talk] Metoro

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Dec 30 10:48:36 PST 2005

Chris wrote:

> --- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
>
> > Why they don't use Honda's robot Asimo to fetch tea
> > for Sato-san? :)
>
> Oooh, cool. And the coffee bot can morph into a giant robot to do
> battle with Nippon's enemies when the isle is threatened!

Here's a satirical SF movie plot for a 21st century director of Ishiro Honda's or Shunya Ito's caliber (Honda is the director of the original Gojira [spelled Godzilla in English] movie in 1954: <http:// www.imdb.com/title/tt0047034/>; Ito directed the fabulous Joshuu Sasori [Female Convict Scorpion Jailhouse 41]: <http://www.imdb.com/ title/tt0226874/>):

Tonda invents female coffee bots (I'd name them Yoshie, Yoshie being a very common Japanese female name,* or Yoko, in honor of Yoko Ono, or Mao, after Mao Asada, who just became "the first female figure skater to complete two triple axels during a free program, doing it Sunday at Japan's national championships" <http://www.sptimes.com/ 2005/12/26/Sports/Teen_gets_history_but.shtml>). Female coffee bots displace "office ladies" (= female clerical workers on "non-career" tracks -- i.e., expected to quit when they have children -- in Japan). The displaced office ladies, who have nothing to lose, organize fearsome biker gangs! In the meantime, female coffee bots begin to develop political consciousness, like Roy Batty in Blade Runner. The bots and the gangs of former "office ladies" at first hate each other and attack each other, for they are both infiltrated by agents from COINTELPRO (Coffee Intelligence Program), modeled after COINTELPRO (Counterintelligence Program) and remade in Japan by the evil Premier Shunichiro Koizumi. But bots and "office ladies" manage to overcome infiltration, however, under the leadership of a NEET woman Metoro ("me" = an abridged form of "mesu" = bitch, "toro," short for torotsukiisto, i.e. Torotskyist. which was an actual nickname of Chizuko Ueno, a Japanese feminist, in her youthful Marxist days), and decide to unite and fight. They together ecruit other NEET boys and girls, migrant workers from Asia, burakumin, resident Koreans, and all the outcasts, and start a social revolution against the rule of the sexist and racist corporate elite!

Hollywood, what are you waiting for?

* I just Googled my first name <http://www.google.com/search? hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=yoshie&btnG=Search>.

My blog comes at the top, ranked higher than a fan page for Yoshie Onda, another famous figure skater in Japan (who finished fourth in the aforementioned championships): <http://www.yoshieonda.com/>. :-

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>