[lbo-talk] Fitch on unions & health insurance: Tax the rich !

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 17:19:04 PST 2005

--- jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com wrote:

> Hey, I'm for it. But be honest: don't say "If only
> the government would pay for health care" -- say
> instead "If only your government had the spine to
> make the rich pay for everyone's healthcare" ...

There are other alternatives, such as shifting budget priorities without increasing the tax revenue. For example, how much health care would the war on Iraq buy? How much health care would we get for scrapping SDI? How much would health would be bought by scrapping subsidies to agribusiness? How much less costly the health care would be by nationalizing health insurance?

Wojtek

__________________________________ Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year. http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/