[lbo-talk] Fitch on unions & health insurance: Tax the rich !

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Fri Dec 30 18:30:03 PST 2005

jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com wrote:

> > Tax the rich !

> Hey, I'm for it. But be honest: don't say "If only the

> government would pay for health care" -- say instead "If

> only your government had the spine to make the rich pay

> for everyone's healthcare" ...

When you compare U.S health-care costs with all other industrialized nations, which all socialize health care just like they socialize maintaning the public roads, it turns out a socialized health care system would cost so much less than the Wild-West blackmail scam we've got working here now that you wouldn't necessarily have to increase taxes on zillionaires to finance it; it would actually pay for itself. Most items on the left's agenda require some transfer of wealth from the rich to the rest, but this one does not. In fact, the only reason anybody takes the idea seriously in Washington is because the other capitalist blocs are alarmed by the relentlessly out-of-control predations of the Medicine Gang. You should hear the guys who run my company bitching about the semi-annual premium increases for their employee insurance policies.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net