[lbo-talk] World would be better without them

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 20:04:54 PST 2005

--- Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
>
> B.
>
> But the Family Research Council and other social
> conservative groups
> vowed to fight that plan, even though it could
> virtually eliminate cervical cancer. Vaccinating
> girls
> against a sexually transmitted disease, they say,
> would reduce their incentive to abstain from
> premarital sex.
>
> I hope there is enough room on Woj's plane for these
> people too. . .

Whereas it seems that a consensus starts to emerge on this list that feedings certain trolls to hungry crocodiles is not such a bad idea, and since it is a new year, and whereas mainstrem media use that as an opportunity to comment on memorable people, and whereas we are more of a countercultural list, I therefore propose to come up with an alternative countercultural list - a list of people without whom the world would be a better place. Thes are the still-living people whom I or for that matter any decent a non-violent human being would not explicitly recommend harming, but at the same time I would not shed any tears if someone else decided to get rid of them.

Below is a partial list of my nominations: Pat Robertson Jerry Falwell Bill O'Reilly the entire Bush administration Dick Chenney (in case he was in an undiscolsed location) Henry Kissinger Augusto Pinochet Rupert Murdoch Donald Trump most members of the National Rifle Association all members of the KKK, militias, minutemen and kindred vigilante groups Parris Hilton the guy who invented car alarm Milton Friedman (in lieu of Friedrch von Hayek) Margaret Thatcher the asshole that broke into my car most of the republican congressement and senators gangsta rappers Ann Coulter Antonin Scalia Homer Simpson (just kiddin') religious fundamentalists Bill Gates (unless he cries 'linux') Arnold Schwarzenegger (in lieu of Ronald Reagan)

Wojtek (byline, not part of the partial list)

__________________________________ Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year. http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/