[lbo-talk] FA: Sapolsky on baboons becoming SNAGs

KJ kjinkhoo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:19:53 PST 2005

The current story of human evolution suggests that human beings almost didn't make it -- the line that became homo sapiens was down to around 7000 individuals -- and that the 'secret' of pulling through was learning to be cooperative, to work together, and not cut-throat competition. The only other line that survived, it now appears, were the Flores hobbits; all the other lines just died out.

Happy New Year everyone -- hey, 2005 turned out pretty well after all, especially when measured against the general gloom and doom at the end of 2004.

kj