[lbo-talk] Re: prostitution vs. the dole

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 1 09:07:57 PST 2005

Dear List:

Wojtek writes:

> One way to go would be to have job centers ask male
unemployed workers to accept jobs in gay brothels - I am pretty sure this would spark a swift response.

Now, you could have male heterosexcual brothels. I did not see anything in the article that said the women had to accept lesbian clients. That's your paranoia posting Woj.

Sex work is a very respectable profession. I friend of mine who is now a dentist paid for school by working as an escort. Another friend who is part of a longterm couple, loves being an escort. He feels that sexuality needs to be a part of any person's healthy life, but with looksism and ageism being so rampant, partners are hard to find for many men.

Being a secretary is no different from being a sex worker -- you are providing a service and being reimbursed for it (Unless, of course, you adhere to those nutty Christian notions that sex is sacred and should only occur between married couples. But on a progressive, atheistic list such as LBO, I am sure there aren't many [if any] sexphobes.). LOL

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister