[lbo-talk] The hope for an independent free Iraq

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 14:06:55 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Carrol Cox To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 12:38 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The hope for an independent free Iraq

Leigh Meyers wrote:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Doug Henwood

I completely lost track of what the hell this post was about. Only a cure for AIDS would be worth the effort it would take to decipher what Leigh is trying to say - it's impossible to know who is saying what.

Carrol

~~

Carrol, I'm sorry you weren't aware of which part of the conversation I was represented by here:

<...>
>>You're implying that people were forced by threat of violence by the
>>"interim government" not only to vote but to vote in a particular way.

YES

>>What evidence have you for the implication? I've seen no credible
>>reporting that alleges this about the election.

The interim government is an American operation and the threat of violence by the interim government is quite simply:

Vote for one of these people that we've pre-screened, or Iraq will devolve into a civil war. Furthermore, the full force of the american people will be applied through the US government and military and we WILL make that civil war happen unless you, the indigenous Iraqi people do what we (the puppets) say and vote for someone from a pool of people we've selected. <...>

L -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050201/a3567814/attachment.htm> -------------- next part -------------- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.302 / Virus Database: 265.8.4 - Release Date: 2/1/2005