[lbo-talk] Re: Say BYE BYE to VINYL!

John Kozak j_k_ at xylema.org
Wed Feb 2 02:27:22 PST 2005

> What issue? I would like to see how this study was conducted.

Here's the article (couldn't find it earlier because I was mis-spelling Hannover). Unfortunately it's not free:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg13918843.300

The abstract claims "only one in 40" could distinguish CD from vinyl, but the data, as I recall, supported an even stronger conclusion than that, as 1 in 40 was what one would expect from chance given the experimental protocol described.

I'm surprised this isn't more widely known - expected to find a slurry of audiophile denial about it on the web, but it seems to have been just ignored.

John