[lbo-talk] definitive evidence on the housing bubble

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Feb 3 20:46:18 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Why aren't you filing for bankruptcy?

I may have to pretty soon. It's the darndest thing -- intellectually, I know I shouldn't worry, but subconsciously I worry anyway. An entirely objective process, like watching a lab rat in a maze reacting to cheese.

Realistically, of course, my access to credit is very much a sign of my white, male, upper middle-class privilege -- lots of people have it inconceivably worse than me. And yet when I consider all the rage and depression I've gone through over the past five years as a marginalized academic/litgeek, then the Terror War makes that much more sense -- people are hurting all over in the US, they're losing what little they had, and the oiligarchy is channeling that pain into an endless spiral of death and destruction.

Somehow, the Left has to tap into and reclaim that energy, channel it into a different direction.

-- DRR