[lbo-talk] future stock

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 4 13:11:33 PST 2005

Tommy Kelly wrote:

>What happens to the stock market if the dollar keeps lossing value?
>If it crumbles, will it fuck over people whose company puts some of
>their workers money into a savings account - via stock portfolio -
>like Enron did to their workers?

Sure could. But like I've said before, it's a great mystery why U.S. stocks and bonds haven't been hit by the dollar's decline - in other words, what dollar-denominated assets were being sold to drive down the value of the currency. The only thing that makes any sense is that hedge funds and other speculative types were bidding down the dollar in anticipation of major liquidations.

Doug