[lbo-talk] Marc Cooper's flipping out over Churchill

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Sun Feb 6 07:30:31 PST 2005

I wrote: "You do realise that you're talking to someone who actually criticised Churchill for that in the days following his remarks? However, I didn't do it from the lazy man's easy way out approach that Cooper follows, calling Churchill "hateful" and screaming him down. I laid out why I thought that this approach, which, sorry Nathan--ain't a whole helluva lot different from Marcuse even with the timing taken into account *if* you actually read what Churchill wrote--is not capable of moving beyond the Horowitz model of critique."

--I meant that Cooper's approach is not much different from Horowitz's model of criticism. Thoughtless, sloppy, and utterly contradictory.