[lbo-talk] Marc Cooper's flipping out over Churchill

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Feb 6 13:20:01 PST 2005

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> This is the same error Churchill makes. Most workers hardly qualify as "little
> Eichmanns". Claiming that they are somehow moral equivalents is
> counterproductive and disingenuous. There certainly are disgusting individuals
> in this country who perpetrate ghastly crimes here and abroad in an official
> and unofficial manner but they are hardly a sizable percentage. Most
> Germans during WWII didn't qualify as "little Eichmanns" and most workers in
> the US today don't qualify either.

No, let me be direct about this: we are all "little Eichmanns" by virtue of being Americans who profit from the centuries of American genocide and oppression that Churchill documents in his books.

OK, we can make an exception for the non-Americans on this list.

But otherwise, I'm a "little Eichmann" and every American on this list is a little Eichmman. Why? Because we aren't doing everything we can to stop the American empire and its plans around the world. Look at our typical reaction to the Churchill controversy on this list. We are attacking Churchill, each other, and providing more rope for the right wingers to hang us us with. The liberals on this list are more like little Eichmanns than the rest of us, as they actively supported and campaigned for a rich white guy who wanted to continue America's empire around the world. We are all little Eichmanns because we opt for a comfortable opposition to American empire. We won't even put our names on the lines by speaking up for one radical professor. This lack of action is a long way from putting our lives on the line to stop the American empire.

This is what this is really about.

Chuck