[lbo-talk] What Nathan doesn't get about 911 and peace

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sun Feb 6 13:30:41 PST 2005

If that's all that Ward Churchill had said, we wouldn't be having this discussion. But he singled out the people in the towers as individually responsible, as "Little Eichmanns", making clear they were war criminals who were legitimate targets. That's a completely different statement.

Like much of the left and most liberals, I completely agree with your sentence below. That you think it's equivalent to what Churchill said is ridiculous.

----- Original Message ----- From: <philion at stolaf.edu> To: "lbo " <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 1:07 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] What Nathan doesn't get about 911 and peace

Frankly, it's rather simple, in the long term peace will only be achieved by eliminating the conditions that feed radicalism and ideologies of murder. If whole regions of the world remain in despair and grow in hatred, they will be the recruiting grounds for terror, and that terror will stalk America. To resort to calling people as 'hateful' for making such an argument is wrong. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk