[lbo-talk] Re: God's Humor

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 16:01:11 PST 2005

I think I agree with the Joyce assessment. But after Joyce? I think it shifts to France, as far as Western lit. goes [with some important exceptions]. Alain Robbe-Grillet, the Surrealist writers like Jacques Prevert, Rene Crevel, Antonin Artaud, etc. ). Even Joyce ascribed his use of stream of consciousness to Dujardin's 1888 novel Les Lauriers sont Coupés.

But then, I'm a Francophile.

Au revoir, -B.

Brian Dauth wrote:
> I am glad I am not the only one to have troouble
with

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978