[lbo-talk] Marc Cooper's flipping out over Churchill

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 21:42:01 PST 2005

On Feb 6, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Let's remind ourselves who Eichmann was. This is from his Encylopedia
> Britannica entry:

Hey, Doug! No fair! You're trying to inject some historical facts into the controversy. We all know that powerful rhetoric counts for everything in politics, and facts for nothing. And anyway, our postmodern friends have helpfully pointed out to us over and over that there are no such things as "facts" -- everything is perspectival. I used to think that was bunk, but I'm beginning to see the light see the light see the ...

[The scene slowly fades into darkness]

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax