[lbo-talk] Re: LBO Convention (was sorry everybody)

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Feb 7 08:54:54 PST 2005

andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> My late Mother in Law, visting Chicago after we moved
> here, said when I was driving her around, "This isn't
> like York. It's boring." "Yeah," I snarled, "And it's
> flat foo." But I bet we could keep you occupied for a
> weekend or whatever. It's not Kalamazoo. (I've lived
> there too.) Sure, I'd like to live in Manhatan. But
> I;m not fabulously wealthy and I guess years in the
> Midwest have given me a taste for living wuarters
> larger than a shoebox. Seriously, I wouldn't write off
> this litle village by the lake (or pond, as my MiL saw
> it) as a potentional LBo rendezvous. jks

sure, i agree, its a nice little town, and worth a visit or two: hey i even came by all the way there to pick up a ducati, once. and yes, you cannot afford to move to manhattan. but surely, you can afford a trip for the LBO convention? judging by joanna's turnout experience, we could, all three of us, just meet in doug's flat (or take a train ride to the backwaters, er, i mean, new jersey, and meet in my basement, for the right conspiratorial tone). ;-)

--ravi

p.s: we need a better name than "LBO convention" or "LBO rendezvous". how about "the LBOtomy"?