[lbo-talk] business that doesn't exist

kell oudeis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:24:56 PST 2005

A question from my partner.

How is it that a business just doesn't exist?

the Fed Employer ID number doesn't lead to anything. None of the names, person and biz names or DBAs, lead anywhere. De nada. It's not registered with the state of physical location. The business holds itself out as in "inc." in its name and popaganda, but....

The state called my partner in response to a FOIA request, and they had absolutely NOTHING on this biz. It seems really strange, too, because it's not as if it's hard to incporate in this state. _I_ can incorporate it's that easy. You only need one person. The advantages of doing so, especially if you're making over $100k and doing work with the US gubmint and military ist, are probably really important. But, even if NOT registered as a corp., you have to be registered somehow, at least according to the material I've been reading. Banks require you to be registered as sole prop, partnerships, S corp, etc. etc. in order to have a biz checking account.

Anyway, any thoughts? Off shored? Simply gone out of state. THAT makes no sense. THIS state is very biz friendly.

Anyway, my partner is just really curious.

TIA!