[lbo-talk] Music recommendation

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 15:50:42 PST 2005

Those lyrics are from a NoFX song. NoFX also do a cover of some Fleetwood Mac and have pretty much sucked for the last 10 years.

But otherwise, yes, that MDC, the ones who do "John Wayne Was A Nazi." John Macias beat a hippie up for having long hair? Okay. He is not in MDC, and to my knowledge never has been. That's the singer of another band that must have been at that particular show Fat Mike of NoFX is talking about that song. Sounds liek it must have been a crazy night!

-B.

Doug quoted a NoFX song:

> Belatedly...MDC = Miilions of Dead Cops? As in:
>
> >The next time I went to the whiskey, it was DOA
with Millions of Dead Cops
> >The latter band played faster than I could believe
> >But the songs sounded the same and kinda sucked
> >'cept John Wayne was a Nazi, and Joey Shithead was
a drunk
> >Then John Macias beat some hippie to a pulp, cuz
having long hair

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978