[lbo-talk] Music recommendation

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 20:24:38 PST 2005

> But I'm an old guy, so what do I know?
>
> Doug

Heard that. You don't know old till you have a teen daughter. I see/hear bands here/there that I've never heard of. So I ask K. and she gives me an instant rating. But she's no stranger to the classix -- not in this house. She loves the Sex Pistols, Public Enemy, Beatles (hates The Who, though), Supremes, Ramones. When she was in 1st grade, she impressed one of her teachers with a spirited defense of The Monkees. Teach couldn't believe a kid her age even knew who they were, much less defend them on aesthetic grounds. Recently, we watched "Head." About 10 mins. in, K. turned to me and said, "The Monkees suck."

That's my girl!

DP