[lbo-talk] Re: Hats and Ties (was Message from Louis Proyect)

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 9 22:18:26 PST 2005

Down-under, we're ALL urged to wear hats. One of the negatives of living in Oz is the high UV radiation, due to the expansive ozone hole. Fortunately, this hole seems to be starting to close a bit. Still, the UV rating around where I live in Western Australia is "extreme" for 95% of the year.

Walking around today, I saw lots and lots of people and only about ten with hats of any kind on. I was wearing my Guinness baseball hat. I've also got one of those ANZAC day Digger specials for the really intenese days.

When you're planning to spend time outdoors you need to apply SPF30+ sunscreen every 2 hours and wear a broad-brimmed hat, sunglasses and sensible clothing.

slop" campaign site: http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?article=2570

===== ******************************************************************* "Here, where the worker is regulated bureaucratically from childhood onwards, where he believes in authority, in those set over him, the main thing is to teach him to walk by himself." Karl Marx http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal