[lbo-talk] US imperialism caused 9/11 (was O'Reilly vsChurchill:treason? sedition?)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 10:54:49 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Dawson To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 9:34 AM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] US imperialism caused 9/11 (was O'Reilly vsChurchill:treason? sedition?)

It's the left's job to create the consciousness and energy it would take to fight imperialism. Without a stronger left, it won't happen. Hence, that's why Churchill is a traitor. He just reduced the chances people will listen to us, and made it necessary for real opponents of U.S. foreign policy to go out of their way to explain that they aren't insane assholes. ~~

The* right wing pundits* are making it a right/left issue. What he's saying has nothing to do with right/left.

He could probably give a rat's ass about left/right.

He's talking about the long term sociological mechanism of genocide, and how it is being applied in the modern world, unchanged from centuries of use suppressing the Native Americans.

And he want's to confront *everyone's* complicity now.

Not when it's politically convenient.

Now.

Because he's *finally* gotten everyone's attention.

Why do you think he put it in a way would make the "closet fascists" knees jerk?

In the real world, we don't always get to pick our own fights.

He picked the fight. And much like a bar brawl, you back your buddy up... then you'd discreetly kick the crap out of him later for getting you into the mess, if he didn't come up with a pretty fucking good reason.

I have no tactical or strategic problem that. ~

"...and if 50 people a day walked in, sang a bar of "alices restaurant" and walked out? They'd think it was a movement!" -- Arlo Guthrie

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.306 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005