[lbo-talk] Repost: 'One for Ward'

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 11:27:43 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Leigh Meyers To: NEWSROOM-L at LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 8:57 AM Subject: [NEWSROOM-L] One for Ward

I wanted to make the subject line:

Here's one for Ward Churchill ya punk MoFos!!

Blood! Blood! Blood!

But I resisted. ~~

The Conservative Voice - News

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2811

National : Statement concerning former Washington, DC correspondent Jeff Gannon

Posted by Senior Editor on 2005/2/10 2:01:16

Talon News Washington, DC reporter and White House Correspondent Jeff Gannon submitted his resignation from our organization effective February 8, 2005.

I understand and support Jeff's decision, and have accepted the resignation.

We are currently evaluating candidates to fill this critical assignment, and anticipate minimal interruption of Talon's coverage of our nation's capitol and the White House in the meantime.

-- Robert R. Eberle, Ph.D. Editor in Chief, Talon News

Talon News' alexa.com ranking is 640,377

===============

http://mediamatters.org/items/200502020014 Has excerpts of WH press conference questioning by Gannon. (A lesson in the dynamics of "framing" issues.)

========

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/yz/z-misc/zieve/2005/zieve021005.htm Has this to say:

The Leftwing Media Gets Their Scalp: Jeff Gannon Resigns from Talon News

February 10, 2005 by Sher Zieve Sher Zieve is a conservative political commentator who firmly believes that if Leftists ran the country (left to their own devices), it would be the end of the United States as a sovereign nation. Sher's articles can be found on Google, MSN Newsbot, US-News.Net, Useless Knowledge and other news sites. Ms. Zieve welcomes you comments and can be reached at: earthseed at iwon.com.

"Jeff Gannon" Revisited

My usual procedure is to attempt to answer each email message I receive, in regards to my columns and articles. However, considering the volume I've received (RE: "New Media Reporter Blasted and Investigated by Boston Globe"), this may a more effective venue for my responses. First, when I quote something said or asked by a reporter, during a presidential News Conference, I do not affect a "background check" of the reporter. My real consideration is that those statements and/or questions be accurately quoted. They were. Second, to those of you who seem to believe I should have had an interest in "Jeff Gannon's" (pseudonym) personal life, before I wrote the article, I didn't. Much the same as I still do not have an interest in the personal lives of other reporters, including those of Dave Gregory (NBC), Brit Hume (Fox) and Dan Rather (even after his forged document debacle he's still at CBS News.can we believe it?).

For all of those who have asked whether or not I still support Gannon's question of President Bush, the answer is "YES". I still firmly believe that there should be at least one conservative reporter at Presidential news conferences to, at least, provide a small counterbalance to all of the other liberal reporters' decidedly biased questions.

To those of you who wrote to me and gleefully announced that you and your colleagues had helped to affect Gannon's departure from Talon News, I say that for a group that claiming to be in favor of "free speech" it appears that said freedom is only applicable to your point of view. In any event, in Gannon's case, it is moot. He has resigned. <...>

Sher Zieve ~~~

To which I can only reply BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.306 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005