[lbo-talk] Lynn Stewart convicted of aiding terrorists

Steven Gotzler Steve at Gotzler.org
Thu Feb 10 16:44:11 PST 2005

I remember when the whole September 11th episode happened. Bush was on the ropes, well he wasn't doing well. Many different interest groups were preparing their attacks. Just from things I know the drug reform movement was ready for a huge push, the NLG was close to moving on an impeachment for S.Ct. justices. Many other orgs were on a role.

At the NLG convention that year, right after 911, the old timers kept saying that things were going to get very very bad. And they were already talking about how this was going to be as bad at McCarthy and on and on. I thought they were a little histrionic.

Seems that one of the benefits of being old is that you can have more perspective.

We have a hard way to go.

I was pretty much ignoring all that discussion of other countries and things. But now, just for safety sake I find myself thinking about how to get some sort of back up plan to get out of here if I ever HAVE to.

Prison is no fun.

Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:40 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Lynn Stewart convicted of aiding terrorists