[lbo-talk] famous (and not so famous) missing things

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 11:51:14 PST 2005

Famous (and not so famous) missing things:

* The Titanic. When, oh when will the twisted wreck of this tragic and romantic liner, the pride of its age, be found beneath the cold, cruel waves? When oh when will...wha..., what's that? Damn. Sorry. Carry on.

* The Ark of the Covenant

* That working model of a Saturn V rocket I launched - sometime around the age of twelve - into the blue unknown while my safety goggle wearing Collie looked on in canine wonder.

* Amelia Earhart's crash site (Nikumaroro island?)

* This guy I briefly knew years ago (not a 'thing' I know but missing all the same) who insisted he:

a.) built a nuclear reactor (or maybe it was some sort of Tesla thing) in his garage

and

b.) used the reactor to power a time machine (which he, in the fancy pants language of wannabe futurians, called a "temporal travel conduit generator")

Perhaps he's having lunch with Vespasian even now.

Things that aren't missing but probably should be

* Hollywood films about tough guys who're softened by exposure to a combination of minivans, kids and sunny suburban living (all that's left in the end is the bad gangsta or fuggedabouit New York accent).

* Top forty rock songs sung by screaming big crybaby boys about how much they hate their cheating (or domineering or excessively partying or whatever) girlfriends.

* Steven Segall

* Books and/or speeches by Bill Gates about our glittering digital future. How many times are you going to tell me I can watch my favorite movies AND balance my checkbook using Windows? Shut up already.

.d.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005