[lbo-talk] Coulter: kill journalists!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 14:05:16 PST 2005

Doing my part to subvert the dominant paradigm:

----- Original Message ----- From: Leigh Meyers To: jromenesko at poynter.org Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 1:51 PM Subject: Ann Coulter: Kill Journalists...

Mr. Romenesko,

How does Ann Coulter get away with wishing evil on American citizens like this? I say ... Hate Speech, which is *not* protected by the 1st Amendment.

What say we pillory her publicly for wishing harm on innocents, which the right wing attack machine is claiming Prof. Ward Churchill has done.

Ann Coulter is doing the same.

Worse, she's not talking in some generalized past-tense.

I'm sure she would rationalize the following statement as a joke. We shouldn't be laughing.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com 831-325-6815

~~

February 7 edition of CNBC's Kudlow & Cramer:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200502100010

LAWRENCE KUDLOW (host): We got a couple of seconds before the break when you guys are all going to come back, but, Ann, I just want to give you first whack at this.

Eason Jordan, top news executive at CNN -- I mean, to me, this is absolutely incredible -- this guy says at a big conference in Davos that the U.S. military is deliberately targeting and assassinating American journalists. Huh?

He still has a job, huh?

You got a take on that?

COULTER: Would that it were so!

KUDLOW: Would what were so?

COULTER: That the American military were targeting journalists. <...> ~~~

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.306 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005