[lbo-talk] For astro-geeks and sci-fi wingnuts

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 14:22:13 PST 2005

Chuck Grimes posted:

Evidently to dodge missing mass and redshift without resort to postulating 90% of stuff that can't be seen or measured in various canonical theories, you can always alter fundamental constants like e. This is accomplished by setting, ``variable charge wavelength changes.. proportional to the inverse fourth power of the local-to-remote differential in unit electrical charge...'' For variable charge fans see:

http://www.ebicom.net/~rsf1/missmass6.htm

==================

Ah, you bring me out of my lurkage like a man slapped with a frigidly wet cloth across the face on a sub zero day.

Slight course correction...the link is actually --

<http://www.ebicom.net/~rsf1/missmass.htm >

And speaking of Russian heavy lift vehicles...

Here's a site Chris Doss kindly hipped me to several months ago:

<http://www.russianspaceweb.com/ >

Get your Baikonur Cosmodrome fix for the day.

Which leads me to...

Someone please remind me..., other than building advanced fighter jets and related killing gear that, as it happens, isn't as useful for decisively controlling current battlefield situations as first hoped, in precisely what research/technology area does the US dominate?

And by dominate I mean that no one else is close to the mark of whatever the project may be. Aircraft? Sorry, the EU and Asia are there. Computers? Um, sorry, got that too amigo. Medicine? Hmmm. Don't think so but maybe. Washing machines? Are any even made here anymore? Televisions? Ha! Only a memory of research and manufacture.

Yeah. What exactly is the basis at this point for American claims of being not only the baddest killers on Terra (gotta give my targeting scanner reading sisters and bros credit -- in a devil's due sort of way -- for pulling the trigger on some very heavy death dealing hardware, probably good enough to repel alien invasion) but the cleverest, with the best toys?

.d.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005