[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 15 07:20:41 PST 2005

In politics, it not only what you mean, it's what you say, and even what you almost say. By Churchill's classification, if some members of this list happened to work in the WTC, they would fall into the category of "little Eichmanns." In the Spring before 9-11, I did a talk in the WTC in front of a class taught by the very Marxist Tom Dickins. We could have been LEs too.

WC's academic freedom and civil liberties should be defended, and we shouldn't have to issue constant disclaimers about whatever aspect of his ideas we may not like. But we should realize when somebody majorly sticks his foot in it and not waste our time trying to parse it into something more acceptable.

in solidarity, mbs

Subject: [lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

I don't know. The below sounds pretty level-headed and unsavage-like. . .