[lbo-talk] Re: polled while driving?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Feb 15 13:06:18 PST 2005

"On balance the road still offers more freedom than frustration."

sure, if you're on vacation, or never drive for anything but pleasure...in other words, if you have lots of leisure time, but not quite enough money to afford a chauffeur...

but who finds "freedom" commuting every friggin day?

" Three-quarters of Americans say driving often gives them a sense of

independence, and nearly half say it's often relaxing..."

give me a break...what percent of Americans would say that beating a family member gives them that sense? or cheating on their mates? or pissing in public? or stealing time or products on the job?

and of course driving is very relaxing, to that leisure class that never has to fight traffic...

"Four in 10 love their cars - not just like them, but love them."

enough to marry them? have sex with them? auto eroticism?

this sounds like the exit poll that had whatsisname as our leader...

fs