[lbo-talk] Re: polled while driving?

Andy F andyf274 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 11:11:01 PST 2005

--- snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Maybe life would be different. IF everyone used
> public transportation,
> bosses wouldn't expect you to stay late? Somehow, I
> doubt it, but who the
> hell knows.

The local bus schedules in Europe often have intervals of a few minutes around rush hour. And working more than a town or two away is considered a real imposition.

Plus in much of Europe I imagine employers would be in deep doo-doo if they made you stay late.

Just some more of the intangibles that make life in the US kind of shocking if you recognize them....