[lbo-talk] RE: CBGBs no more!

Gary Mongiovi MONGIOVG at stjohns.edu
Wed Feb 16 11:45:24 PST 2005

Good grief! We just lost the Bottom Line.

I gather that this sort of bubble-driven destruction of stable neighborhood institutions can go on for some time, and result in radical transformations of the character of localities. But when the bubble pops the neighborhoods almost never recover their former identities: something is lost forever. I'm convinced the only hope for this city is the election of a mayor of monumental incompetence who will drive quality of life indicators spiraling downward. The town was much more livable in the 1980s, when it was widely regarded as a crime-ridden dump.

GM