[lbo-talk] Neo-liberalism in Eastern Europe

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 08:35:19 PST 2005

> See the following news report "No cheap oil if you
> join the west: Russia." Any comments Chris?
>
> Ulhas

Lavrov is reminding Tbilisi and Kiev that, if they do not take Moscow's economic interests into account, it can always pull the plug and end their free ride. That would do a real number on the local economies by the way.

He doesn't say anything about NATO or "joining" or "allying" with the West. That seems to be Radyuhin's extrapolation.

I really think the term "the West" should be dropped. It hasn't meant very much for about a decade. What does "the West" mean? Germany has a pro-Russian policy. Poland is anti-Russian. What is "the West's" policy?