[lbo-talk] Re Seditious Conspiracy

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 17 09:08:41 PST 2005

Doug:
> Yeah, but...juries can do what they want, god bless 'em. You're not
> one of those elitist liberals opposed to jury nullification, are you?

This is one of those things people talk about, but what is the actual impact of jury nullification on the system? I mean, what is the actual number of cases in which juries refused to convict to "nullify" what they saw as unjust laws, as opposed to, say, juries being bamboozled by celebrity defendants, defense attorneys, or prosecutors? Are there any stats available?

Wojtek