[lbo-talk] Terrain of Struggle was O'Reilly vs Churchill

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 20:26:37 PST 2005

:) and there will always be people who start whistling the Sesame St.
ditty, "one of these things are not like the other. one of these things just doesn't belong."

which is to say that I'd HARDLY put pug, newman, provacateurs, etc. in the same category as the Weatherman. honestly carrol. by the same token, some people put YOshie in the category of embarassing leftist. I don't. But some people do. honestly.

I think you missed the point about Michael Moore. The criticisms worked with him. he was held accountable and, because he wanted to be _part of_ the left and be effective (rather than shunned by it), he improved in response to the crits. Normative judgement, in this case, was important. Moore's a better film maker, and Ward will be a better academic. If they can't be bothered to deal with the criticism maturely, FUCK 'EM! They deserve to be shunned.

Oh and that caterwauling? It is probably my left nut. It needs some oil.

Kelley