[lbo-talk] Mordor Doesn't Compute

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 18:46:23 PST 2005

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Sujeet Bhatt

Eubulides wrote:

>Chicken Little stories are necessary in the Science Pork wars. See Daniel
>Greenberg's "Science, Money & Politics: Political Triumph and Ethical
>Erosion" [U. of Chicago Press, 2001]

The report has been splashed in a big way in the Indian press. Check my post from the Times of India on this subject.

Sujeet

I read it; all to the good for India. However, it is budget battle season in the US Congress and the scare-the-crap-out-of-them strategy is in full force in the fight for $s. Lots of Federal departments and trade associations [who like to socialize the risks/costs and 'privatize' the gains from R&D] have taken the Pentagon's strategy [which is to a large extent the US' industrial policy] to heart..............