[lbo-talk] Mordor Doesn't Compute

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Feb 17 23:18:49 PST 2005

Interesting. Tuesday they laid off another 3% of software at the major computer co. for which I work. (Sol) Today at the engineering staff meeting I attended, the chief engineer remarked to one of the engineers from India, that "hey, at least if you guys get laid off, you can go back home to a hopping job market." The Indian engineer mustered a very muffled response. He didn't sound overjoyed at the prospect.

I'm sure this varies with person and locale, but I wonder how many engineers would prefer to go back home? I have never been to India and do not know how it compares to the U.S. It must be more civilized. It can hardly be less.

Joanna