[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart speaks

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:11:33 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:13:20 -0800, Michael Dawson <mdawson at pdx.edu> wrote:

Propositions by Dawson, who seems to be practicing hatchet jobs so he can go write for Dissent or Frontpage Magazine or something:

> Interesting propositions by Stewart:
>
> 1. Her case should now be the core of left politics.
Well that wouldn't include you then, would it? Actually, she never said this but on the Dissent/Frontpage front you get points for making stuff up, although you probably shouldn't do it under a copy of what she just said. Points taken back.

> 2. Her conviction is evidence of fascism, which, it now turns out, has
> always been the problem.
Ah points for changing what she said, in her case future tense (creeping towards fascism) to present tense (we are living in a fascist country). Very good. Many points.

> 3. Her breaking of the gag order helped her client and was just perfectly
> fine legally speaking.
Ah, making up more stuff. But it's right under her statement, which is a no-no, thus no points.

> 4. Like Churchill, she has nothing to apologize to the left for.
If Ward Churchill ever apologizes to you I hope it involves a tomahawk somehow.