[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart speaks

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 21 16:12:49 PST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Dawson wrote:
>
>> 4. Like Churchill, she has nothing to apologize to the left for.
>
> Not right now, no. Why is this so hard to understand? They're the
> leading edge of an intensified crackdown, and respectability is no
> defense.

You know, what this reminds me of is when Jello Biafra got popped for obscenity in the mid-eighties. There was a big tendency for people to start off their "defense" of Jello by saying, "Okay, his music sucks, but..." It was just a way of attacking him, kicking him while he was down, and it really, really pissed me off.

Aid and comfort indeed,

John A