[lbo-talk] Beria question/Litvinov

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 08:48:00 PST 2005

An old Bolshevik is roughly someone who joined the Party before the October Revolution. Stalin was an old Bolshevik. So was Molotov. PPeople who joined before 1920 might qualify too. Being an OB was pretty much a death warrant in the 1930s unless you were a super ardent Stalinist, and even then . . .

Murderous frat boys, that's good. Stalin used to call random officials at all hours, and if you were not at your desk when he rang, you weren't ever there again. Played hell with people's sex lives, I'm sure.