[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart speaks

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Feb 22 11:35:15 PST 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

> Most of you LBOers see creeping fascism and a police state as the main
> danger for the left right now.

So the colonialist slaughter of Iraqis, the Dept. of Homeland Security, and the wave of xenophobia, racism, gay-bashing and generalized villainy otherwise known as the Terror War are just figments of our fervid imaginations? The regression of this country is quite real, quite quantifiable and quite deadly.

> Our ruling class is too smart in this area to permit the kind of
> attacks you guys all see coming.

If they're so smart, why do they have to borrow 600 billion EUR per annum from the EU and East Asia?

-- DRR